Description: Rectangular with two mirrored scrolls on top, a lionís face between; ogee-moulded edging; central pilaster with vine scrolling, Corinthian capital, a diamond on the pedestal; on either side, an arched alcove with fillet edging, each with a halberdier in mid-17th century clothes, their feet pointing to the middle.
Notes: A more common version has different edging and a pattern-makerís mark.
Current location: Anne of Cleves House, Southover High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, England.
Museum number: 1944.24.064 (part of the Sussex Archaeological Society museum group)
- Attached to series:
- Brede group