Description: Arched rectangular central panel with bead edging; suspended from the top, by a ribbon, a ring with a popinjay, or parrot, perched thereon, biting a twig in its right claw; below left is a seated child; around this panel is an arched rectangular border with fillet edging containing floral swags hung on ribbons suspended from rings; on top, two serpents.
Notes: A common design among firebacks produced in Germany for the Dutch market. Formerly part of the J. H. Every collection.
Copies of this fireback are known.
Current location: Anne of Cleves House, Southover High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, England.
Museum number: 1944.24.072 (part of the Sussex Archaeological Society museum group)