Description: Rectangular with low, 3-facetted arch; ovolo edging; shield of the Goldsmiths’ Company: quarterly Gules and Azure, in the first and fourth quarters a Leopard's Head affrontée Or, in the second and third quarters a Covered Cup between in chief two Buckles fesswise all of the last; behind the shield is a scrolled escutcheon.
Notes: An unusually thick fireback. The Goldsmiths’ Company were granted arms in 1571.
Copies of this fireback are known.
Arms: Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths
Current location: Hastings Museum and Art Gallery, John's Place, Bohemia Road, Hastings, East Sussex, England.
Museum number: 978.15 (part of the Hastings Museum museum group)
- Attached to series:
- Livery company firebacks