Description: Rectangular with pediment and frieze resting on fluted Tuscan pilasters; plain podium base; rectangular central panel with double fillet edge divided into four with central panel containing initials; date in tympanum.
Notes: An early example of the use of classical architectural elements in an English fireback.
Copies of this fireback are known.
Inscription: 568 / ER
Current location: Anne of Cleves House, Southover High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, England.
Museum number: 1944.24.062 (part of the Sussex Archaeological Society museum group)