Description: Arched rectangular shape; cavetto-moulded edging (top and sides); English Stuart Royal arms, garter, supporters, crown and motto; altered date above crown.
Notes: This design, which probably dates from 1619, has been used to cast composite firebacks with a variety of altered dates ranging from 1629 to 1662.
Copies of this fireback are known.
Inscription: 1639 [illegible Garter and royal mottoes]
Arms: English Stuart royal
Current location: Black and White House Museum, The Old House, High Town, Hereford, Herefordshire, England.