Description: Rectangular, with canted top corners; twisted rope edging (top and sides only); ten shields of Ayloffe impaling Sulyard in three rows, 3-4-3; Ayloffe: sable, a lion rampant Or, collared gules, between three crosses formy of the second; Sulyard: argent, a chevron gules between three pheons inverted sable.
Notes: William Ayloffe (c1535-1584) of Hornchurch, Essex, Justice of the Court of Queen’s Bench, married (c1560) Jane, dau. of Sir Eustace Sulyard, of Runwell, Essex. Formerly part of the J. H. Every collection.
Arms: Ayloffe impaling Sulyard (William Ayloffe of Bretons, Hornchurch)
Current location: Anne of Cleves House, Southover High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, England.
Museum number: 1944.24.047 (part of the Sussex Archaeological Society museum group)