975? x ? mmImage subject to copyright
Description: Arched shape; double-fillet edged arched border, with six evenly-spaced roses, resting on pilasters; shield, supporters, garter and coronet of the Earl of Exeter; plain rectangular bottom panel.
Notes: The arms are of the earldom of Exeter, which was created in 1605 for Thomas Cecil, 2nd Lord Burghley (1542-1623).
Inscription: HONY SOIT QVI MAL Y PENSE [illegible]
Arms: Cecil, Earls of Exeter
Current location: Plas Llanmihangel, Llanmihangel, Glamorgan, Wales.
Museum number: GL 7628 (part of the National Monuments Record of Wales museum group)
Citation: Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales, 1981, An Inventory of Ancient Monuments of Glamorgan Vol IV Part 1: Domestic Architecture from the Reformation to the Industrial Revolution: the Greater Houses (Cardiff, HMSO).
- Attached to series:
- Personal armorial firebacks