Description: Rectangular, with a detached pediment joined by rebated scrolls; cavetto-moulded edging; circular 'shield' in a cartouche, surmounted by an esquire's helm and lion rampant crest, with mantling behind; initials split by crest; date split in top corners.
Notes: The armorial is of David Prichard (d. 1630) of Llancaiac Fawr Manor; the blazon follows the patriarchal tradition of Welsh heraldry: quarterly, 1st, Sable a lion rampant Argent (for Cydrych ap Gwaithfoed), 2nd, Sable a chevron between three fleurs de lys Argent (for Einion ap Gollwyn), 3rd, Gules three chevrons Argent (for Iestyn ap Gwrgan), and 4th, Sable a chevron between three spear-heads Argent (for Bleddyn ap Maenyrch); the '8' of the date has a flattened top. A recasting, replacing a broken original.
Inscription: D P / 16 28
Arms: Prichard (or ap Richard)
Current location: Llancaiach Fawr Manor, Nelson, Caerphilly, Glamorgan, Wales.
Museum number: GTJ75111 (part of the Caerphilly County Borough Council Museums & Heritage Service museum group)
Citation: Royal Commission on the Ancient and Historical Monuments of Wales, 1981, An Inventory of Ancient Monuments of Glamorgan Vol IV Part 1: Domestic Architecture from the Reformation to the Industrial Revolution: the Greater Houses (Cardiff, HMSO).