Description: Arched rectangular shape; astragal edging. Shield, helm, crest and mantling of the Worshipful Company of Blacksmiths.
Notes: Blazon: Sable, a chevron Or between three hammers Argent handled and crowned with open crowns of the second; Crest: a phoenix in flames rising proper; arms granted in 1611. Formerly part of the J. H. Every collection.
Copies of this fireback are known.
Arms: Worshipful Company of Blacksmiths
Current location: Anne of Cleves House, Southover High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, England.
Museum number: 1944.24.052 (part of the Sussex Archaeological Society museum group)
- Attached to series:
- Livery company firebacks