Description: Arched rectangular central panel with bead-and-pellet edging; S-scroll, two-handled, gadrooned vase with tulip stems, flowers and leaves; arched rectangular border with fillet edging and suspended flower bunches; two symmetrical, coiled serpents on top; narrow, curved shouldered side panels with beads in oval depressions.
Notes: This is a shortened version of a much-copied fireback. Normally there is a bottom panel.
Copies of this fireback are known.
Current location: Anne of Cleves House, Southover High Street, Lewes, East Sussex, England.
Museum number: 1944.24.091 (part of the Sussex Archaeological Society museum group)