Description: Rectangular; ovolo edging; shield, helm, crest, mantling and motto of the Merchant Taylors’ Company: Argent a Pavilion Imperial Purple garnished Or lined Ermine between two Mantles also Imperial Purple lined Ermine on a chief Azure a Lion passant guardant Or.
Notes: Arms were re-granted to the Company in 1586; the excrescences on the helm and shield are probably the result of splashes caused when pouring the iron into the mould from too great a height.
Inscription: CONCORDIA PARVAE RES CRESCUNT [In Harmony Small Things Grow]
Arms: Worshipful Company of Merchant Taylors
Current location: Petworth House, Petworth, West Sussex, England.
Museum number: NT/PET/M/101 (part of the National Trust museum group)
- Attached to series:
- Livery company firebacks