Description: Composite; Arched rectangular shaped, armorial fireback, cavetto edging, with Stuart Royal arms, garter, supporters, crown and motto, and 1639 date above crown; this overlies a rectangular plate, with rope-effect, fillet edging; a pattern of four rosettes surrounding a fleur-de-lys, its stem terminating in a small buckle, is repeated on each side of the central armorial fireback, with the initials above; each rosette is stamped separately.
Notes: The armorial may originally have been one of the 1619 series. Formarly at Wonastow Court, Momouthshire
Inscription: 1639 / G / HONI SOIT QVI MAL Y PENSE / DIEV ET MO DROIT
Arms: English Stuart royal
Current location: National History Museum, St Fagans, Glamorgan, Wales.
Museum number: 40.428 (part of the Welsh National History Museum museum group)