Description: Rectangular; multiple moulding on top and sides; inscription below moulding at top; three pointed crosses, one between inscription and date, one each side of date.
Notes: Purchased by J. H. Every in a sale at Groombridge Place, Kent in 1919. John Rivers was the husband of Isabella Packer, whose father Sir Thomas Packer, owned Groombridge Place. Bequeathed to the Sussex Archaeological Society in 1944.
Inscription: IOHN·RIVERS / 1643
Current location: Michelham Priory, Arlington, East Sussex, England.
Museum number: 1944.24.431 (part of the Sussex Archaeological Society museum group)