1. 1225

    750 x 730 mm

    Description: Arched rectangular shape; twisted rope edging (top and sides); in arch, marquess's coronet above a monogram with date split either side.

    Notes: The elaborate monogram has not been deciphered, but the fireback does not appear to be related to the Talbot family who owned Lacock throughout the 17th century.

    Inscription: 16 [undeciphered monogram] 68

    Manufactured: in 1668 in England.

    Current location: Lackock Abbey, Lacock, Wiltshire, England.

    Museum number: 996713 (part of the National Trust museum group)